Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jake and the Neverland Pirates Birthday Party!

Blake, my (almost) 4 year old, LOVES Jake and the Never Land Pirates! So what am I to do when they make no birthday party products? I searched all over and came up with a few ideas I hope can be helpful. I haven't blogged in a while but I hope this can help any moms out their scouring the Internet like I did!

You can watch the scrapbook to get some visual ideas, but here are a few pointers:

Jake Costume:
  • Blue t-shirt from the dollar store (vest)
  • White t-shirt from the dollar store (shirt)
  • Yellow duck tape (vest)
  • Black string (I used curling ribbon!) (shirt)
  • Husbands black tie (with permission of course!) or black fabric (waistband)
  • Strip of red fabric (headband)
Just cut the sleeves off the navy shirt and outline with the yellow tape! I used a bottle cap and box cutters to make the buttons. You can make the collar "pop up" by folding it and laying a book on it overnight. I cut a small v in the top of the white shirt and laced the black string in it. Also cut slits in the arms. I did get the vest idea from this website. I just simplified it some because I'm not that handy. :)

Cake decor:
I printed pictures of the characters and laminated them leaving a "V" shape at the bottom to dig into the cake. I read on the Disney site that they allow Jake pictures to be printed! I asked Wal-Mart to make a cake with a beach scene and it worked out fine.

You can go to this website from Disney to print off hats and other fun stuff. I laminated the hats and put them together with brads to make them more durable.

The tableware is from Target. I love it! It's cheap and the pirate theme isn't scary! The pirate banner is from the Dollar Tree. The pirate in the middle was a little intense so I covered it.



Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
A free scrapbook design by Smilebox


I hope this is helpful to someone!!! It was a ton of fun. If you buy the Jake and the Neverland Pirates on DVD it comes with a music CD with lots of fun songs on it.

1 comment:

Frances said...

If you wish to get great deals on this costume, you should definitely check out the Jake and the Never Land Pirates at CostumeExpress.